Picture of Buck's Row Whitechapel in London's East End (now Durward St) - site of Jack the Ripper's first murder on 31 August 1888. Mary Ann "Polly" Nichols' body was discovered 3 metres back from the corner of the tall brick building.
Take a Ripper virtual tour from the first murder scene. Click on the map below to view all 5 murder scenes and other key locations in the hunt for the world's first recognised serial killer.
Jack the Ripper's London 1888
This link will take you to the key points in London where Jack the Ripper carried out his 5 murders
over 71 days from 31 August 1888 to 9 November 1888. You can use this map to make your own Jack the
Ripper walk around London or to trace the movements of the Whitechapel killer whose identity has
never been established.
|Toowong Cemetery in Brisbane|
|You can re-trace Jack the Ripper's footsteps.|
|Jack the Ripper's London.|
|Jack the Ripper lurked across London's East End in 1888.|
Read more: http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/James-Moore-s-book-reveals-Burton-s-Jack-Ripper/story-26113474-detail/story.html#ixzz3U9DB9zB8
Read the Book: Jack the Ripper: The Hand of a Woman - John Morris
|Jack the Ripper's five|
|Buck's Row, Whitechapel: The|
scene of Jack the Ripper's
first murder on
31 August 1888.
|Fred Wensley: |
the greatest-ever detective?
|Whitechapel High Street|
in Victorian times.
|Dick Kirby's latest book.|
Officer’s notebook: Dick Kirby
• Born 1943, in London’s East End
• Spent nine ‘miserable’ years in the printing industry
• In 1967, by now married to Ann and the father of two young children, answered an advert from the Metropolitan Police
• Became a member of the Criminal Investigation Department and then the Serious Crime Squad
• Spent five years catching international crooks
• ‘The Sweeney’ – Scotland Yard’s élite Flying Squad – was his home for eight years, where he dealt with the most formidable and violent armed robbers.
• He put success down to speed, experience and intuition
• Ill-health forced his retirement in 1993
• He and Ann moved to Suffolk from Upminster and he developed a writing career
• First book was 2001’s Rough Justice – Memoirs of a Flying Squad Detective
• Proceeds went to two police charities.
|Jack the Ripper: Never identified.|
|Jack the Ripper - A new suspect after 127 years.|
- Letting The Wrong Ones In—Refugees Who Murder And Rape
- Sailer in Taki`s: “Chechens Coming Here to Roost”
- The Chechen Bombers Came To Cambridge As Refugees
- Chechens: “To rationalize terrorism is to invite more of it”
- A Los Angeles Reader Learns How Russians View Chechens Vs. Idealistic Americans
- Radio Derb Is On The Air: Refugees, Reunification, And Uncle Ruslan
|Dr. Mark Vogel discusses his presentation|
with The Amazing Kreskin.